Saturday, January 5, 2013

Tough Times


What a long week it has been. Unfortunately for me, this first week of the new year wasn't really as great as I hoped it to be (other than getting my internship of course!). On New Years day around 12:30, I got a call from my boyfriend saying he thought his father had a massive heart attack and was at the hospital with his mother. No more than 20 minutes later, I get a text from him saying his father had passed away. 
Words could not describe what I was feeling at the time. Shawn and I have been dating for almost two years now, so I have known his father for quite some time. He was seriously one of the nicest and happiest people I've ever met. Always had a smile on his face. He worked at the pharmacy at the Walmart near me, and every time my mom or I went in, we always made sure to go say hi to him. 
Today was the memorial service for him. So many people came, it was almost impossible to find a seat. It was so great to see how many people truly cared for Shawn and his mother, and loved his father just as much, if not more, than I did. 
I was over Shawn's house almost everyday this week to make sure he and his mother were ok. His mother's mom and her whole family were always over too. I feel so bad because Shawn is going back to school tomorrow, and his mother will be all alone in the house. I definitely plan on stopping by as much as I can before I head back to school.

Sometimes we truly take advantage of what is most important to us. So hug your family a little tighter today and tell them you love them. 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss. May he RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. I will pray over you, your boyfriend and his family that you can all find peace, healing and hope through this time. I'm a new follower. I found your blog through Your Sorority Sister.

    ReplyDelete