Monday, November 18, 2013

I'll be home for Christmas... If only in my dreams

What a wonderful weekend it has been. On Thursday morning, I flew out of the Orlando International Airport and flew home to Atlanta. The weekend flew by and I leave tomorrow afternoon. However, I had such a great weekend home. I got to see some friends I haven't seen since the summer, and  I saw my boyfriend and best friend. My high school was also doing the musical Shrek, so I had the privilege in seeing that. It was one of the best shows I've ever seen done, even better than some of the broadway ones I've seen.

I have some mixed feelings about going back to Orlando. Yes, I'm going to be happy to see my friends again and back to making magic in Disney, but one thing people really don't know about me is that I am very much a home body. I absolutely love being at home. I would come home every weekend if I could. Even if I'm not doing anything and just sitting on the couch watching Bravo all day, I'd be ok with that. I just love being around my family.

Another thing that's killing me about work is that I can't come home for the Holidays. No Thanksgiving. No Hanukkah. No Christmas. No New Years. At first I really didn't mind. But now that we're approaching the Holiday season, and Christmas is already in full swing at Disney, I've become more and more distraught that I will not be celebrating any of these holidays with my family. So many friends of mine are trying to take off for Thanksgiving, but it has become nearly impossible for most people.

I absolutely love love love the Holiday season. Nothing gives me more joy than to decorate the house with Christmas decorations or to decorate the Christmas tree. It kills me that I won't be home to spend it with my family.

On the bright side though, I love what I do and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I am going to be as positive as I can about this situation. At least I have my friends down in Orlando who are going through the same thing I am. Luckily I'll be back home January 3rd, and my family is planning on celebrating Christmas then with me.

Have you ever had to miss something that you were looking forward to? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment