Saturday, December 15, 2012

Newtown, Connecticut


When I got off the plane yesterday afternoon, one of the first things my mom told me was that there was a shooting at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut. I was completely shocked. It's so tragic to see how awful and disgusting some people are. My mom and I literally spent all day yesterday watching the news to find out more information. Most of the children killed were kindergarteners. 

So today, I just wanted to please ask of you all to pray for the families who lost their loved ones in the 2nd worst school shooting in American history, following behind Virginia Tech. It's sad that people can't go to a movie theater, or even bring their kids to school now, without worrying that something is going to happen. I have family who lives in the town over from them. I don't know what I would do if I lost one of my cousins in a school shooting. 

I hope you all have a great day and please keep them on your minds today. Maybe now we can appreciate all the little things we have in life and to stop taking advantage of it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment